Associate Professor and Chief of Clinical Physics
Dr. Yenice investigates stereotactic radiation, metastases and general radiation oncology with a focus on clinical trials. Currently, he is co-investigator on four ongoing trials serving patients with a variety of conditions, including breast and pancreatic cancer.
In addition to his clinical research activities, Dr. Yenice has been invited to speak at several conferenced, including those of the American Association of Physicists in Medicine (AAPM) and the Canadian Organization of Medical Physicists (COMP). He also carries a full-load of teaching and mentoring responsibilities.
- S. H. Benedict (Chair), K. Yenice (co-chair), D. Followill , J. Galvin , W. Hinson , B. Kavanagh , P. Keall , D.M. Lovelock , S. Meeks , L. Papiez , T. Purdie , R. Sadagopan , M. Schell , B. Salter , D. Schlesinger , A. Shiu , T. Solberg , D. Song , V. Stieber , R. Timmerman , W. Tome , D. Verellen , L. Wang , F. Yin “Stereotactic Body Radiation Therapy: The Report of AAPM Task Group 101” Med Phys. Vol. 37, No. 8, 2010
- R. D. Wiersma, Z. Wen, M. Sadinski, K. Farrey, K. M. Yenice “Development of a frameless stereotactic radiosurgery system based on real-time 6D position monitoring and adaptive head motion compensation”, Phys. Med. Biol. 55: 389–401 (2010)
- J. Chang, K.M. Yenice, K. Jiang, M. Hunt, A. Narayana, “Effect of MLC leaf width and PTV margin on the treatment planning of intensity-modulated stereotactic radiosurgery (IMSRS) or radiotherapy (IMSRT)”, Med Dosim Vol. 34:110-116 (2009)
- S.H. Benedict, F.J. Bova, B. Clark, S.J. Goetsch, W.W. Hinson, D.D. Leavitt, D.J. Schlesinger, K.M. Yenice, “The role of Medical physicists in developing stereotactic radiosurgery”, Medical Physics Vol 35(9) pp.4262-4277 (2008)
- J. K. Salama, S. J. Chmura, N. Mehta, K. M. Yenice, W. M. Stadler, E. E. Vokes, D. J. Haraf, S. Hellman, R. R. Weichselbaum, “An Initial Report of a Radiation Dose-Escalation Trial in Patients with One to Five Sites of Metastatic Disease”, Clinical Cancer Research 14, 5255-5259 (2008)